Episode 14 - 11/13/22
Danny Elliot was a chronic pain patient who has been vocal on Twitter about what it was like for him after he lost his doctor because of actions of the DEA.
Danny lost his doctor a few weeks ago for the third time due to the DEA. Where was the CDC's Opioid Rapid Response Program?
The following article in Pain News Network gives a bit more detail.
Please go to the following sources to hear/read them in their entirety.
- Journalist Barry Meier at Stanford Medicine's Health Policy Forum
- Roger Chou's interview - PCSS Episode 5 - Applications of the CDC Guidelines
- Kolodny's quote about suicide due to pain being bogus
- Adriane Fugh-Berman pushes back against Dr. Kertesz about the need to study suicide due to pain or stopping pain medication
- Danny's Podcast on Painkiller
Links mentioned in this podcast episode:
Suicide hotline: 988 or 911
Disclaimer: The information that has been provided to you in this podcast is not to be considered legal or medical advice.